Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Dark Kin of Commorragh

So a couple weeks ago at 'Ard Boyz I bought a local player's Dark Eldar, and with the few squads I had already I now have a Dark Eldar army. Alot of the things he had are kinda meh in the current codex (scourges, hellions, mandrakes, etc) but if rumors are to be believed a new codex soon 1 or 2 of the units should be usable or even good. But until then I have a reasonable raiding force. At my disposal I've got around 70 warriors (with various Hvy's and sybarites) 13 wyches, 8 incubi, various HQ's, 5 raiders, 2 ravagers (could be 3) and a Talos. I got my first game in with them a week ago Sunday against Razorback Blood Angels with an inducted 20 girl squad of SoB's. The mission was kill points spearhead, he went first, I lost 7-2 but had damaged the crap out of all of his vehicles. It was more of a learning experience than anything, I did enjoy the game though and look forward to hopefully 2 this Sunday. I've decided on a paint scheme for my army, Its predominantly blue progressing towards white the further up the chain of command (pics below) with special things within units (Sybarites, Hvy's) getting one piece of armor painted lighter than their squad. I'm using silver for most of the metallics except on the white/light blue guys where I found gold looks nicer. The only 100% finished model here is the wych the other two just had their fronts painted fully so I could get an idea for the color scheme. The dark blue on the warriors will only be on them and grotesques if I ever use them, being that their lowest rung. The lighter blue on the warriors will be the most common color in the army, with idividual armor pieces picked out depending on wargear/status. The HQ's will be predominantly white with some blues on the trim, Probably some cool freehand stuff in blue too like on my archons jetbike. I'm still undecided on the vehicles They will probably match their squad I'll make one lighter in case I decide to use an HQ with retinue and use it for the wyches when I don't. I'm really looking forward to the big triangle panels on the fronts of the vehicles for freehand space. Well below is my chosen scheme and a side view of my bike archon conversion, like I said only the wych is completed the others are WIP but I figured it'd be good to get some pics up maybe get some feedback.




































No comments:

Post a Comment